Northrop Grumman Satellite Servicing Systems Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This Systems Engineering position is located in Dulles, VA and offers the opportunity to work on the Space Logistics planned fleet of vehicles that includes the Mission Extension Vehicle (MEV), Mission Robotic Vehicle (MRV), Mission Extension Pod (MEP), and future follow-on craft, including robotic servicing, on-orbit assembly, and systems on Lunar and Mars surfaces. MRV is a partnership with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Naval Research Lab (NRL).
The job responsibilities for the Systems Engineer will be as an individual-contributor and deliverable/product lead within a multi-disciplinary engineering team. Responsibilities will also include interaction with program, functional and customer leadership.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs traditional Systems Engineering functions, including functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Implement Agile and model based systems engineering methodologies.
• Interact with DARPA/NRL partner to integrate the robotic payload onto the MRV.
• Plan and execute mission operations.
• BS degree and 3 years of experience, or MS degree and 0 years of experience
• Knowledge of satellite systems
• Familiarity with spreadsheets
• BS degree and 4 years of experience, or MS degree and 2 years of experience
• Work experience with satellite systems
• Moderate experience with spreadsheets
• Database user experience
• Experience with DOORS, Jira, Confluence, STK
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering