Northrop Grumman Program Control Manager 3 (Dulles, VA) in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems sector is looking for a Program Control Manager 3 to support the Human Exploration and Operations (HEO) Operating Unit in the Civil and Commercial Satellites Business Unit based in our Dulles, Va. Facility. A successful candidate works well in a fast paced environment and enjoys the opportunity to define possible.
The Program Control Manager is responsible for supporting multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure successful completion of highly complex, multi-year advanced technology flight hardware and software projects to their committed delivery dates within budgeted cost. Provide a primary interface between Program Business Operations and Program Management, including the Customer Program Office. Employ compliant EVMS practices to direct the establishment and maintenance of cost and schedule baselines and forecasts that meet the program and company requirements and are integrated with the program SOW, and other program planning documents.
• Direct the development, implementation and execution of the program business rhythm through training, coordination and facilitation of CAMs, Finance and Program Planning personnel.
• Direct the execution of an earned value management system to include organizing the work, developing cost and schedule baselines, updating forecasts, performing monthly analysis, and managing scope change control.
• Support integrated program reporting and variance analysis for explaining and interpreting impact of results against program baseline plans/forecast and facilitate the tracking and implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
• Present program EVMS status to project management as well as internal management financial performance reviews.
• Lead the IPTs and CAMs in preparing for and participating in Integrated Baseline Reviews and follow-up surveillance and audits.
• Support proposal efforts and other duties as required.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideoSQMVideo
7+ years of relevant experience in the following areas:
Deployment and execution of program management techniques including EVMS, baseline planning and scheduling, forecasting and estimating, and cost/schedule integration techniques, including subcontractor integration.
Managing/performing the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules, analysis of schedule critical and driving paths, program management reports, identification of inconsistencies, risk management, evaluation of program impacts, and implementation of corrective action plans.
4+ years of management experience
Knowledge of Program Management and Earned Value Management
Industry standard accounting, project scheduling and cost management software tools such as Cobra, MS Project, Costpoint, and/or Cognos.
Leading Integrated Baseline Review training, preparation and conduct.
Supporting program surveillance reviews and oversight.
Leadership of proposal and change activity with subsequent integration into the PMB.
Development and maintenance of process documentation
Program Management and Earned Value Management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management