Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr. Principal Engineer Systems (Space/Satellite Systems) - Top Secret in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This Systems Engineer position is located in Dulles, VA supporting our National Security Space (NSS) programs that include technical roles at the mission, segment, subsystem and component levels. They span the entire program life cycle from early concept studies, design development, system integration/test, launch and early operations, mission operations/sustainment and system disposal. Programs range from small feasibility studies to medium-sized on orbit technology demonstrations and large-scale national system programs.
Systems Engineers Duties/Responsibilities:
• Perform technical planning and analyses at all levels of total system product to include:
Concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• The Systems Engineer ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• The role will include functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• The role may require assisting in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
• Successful candidates must be able to interface with clients, as well as interact regularly with internal engineering associates and program management.
Job Category : Engineering