Northrop Grumman Principal Electrical Engineer: Avionics Subsystems/Command & Data Handling - Space Systems (Top Secret Req'd) in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated Command and Data Handling (CDH) Electrical Systems/Avionics Subsystems Engineer. This customer-facing position supports program staff in the analysis, investigation, and resolution of engineering electrical systems problems, subsystem requirements development, tasking, and schedule management as required by the program. Additionally, this role interacts with the internal staff and customer base, provides direction as appropriate to design or technician staff, reports statuses, and participates in internal and external design reviews. Depending on assignment, this role may task other technical team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop subsystem requirements
• Develops cost estimates for proposals and programs as required
• Develops and manages schedule and resources as required by the program
• Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team
• Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the avionics digital and analog telemetry level
• Analyzes and interprets requirements at the space vehicle level and flows down requirements to lower level specifications
• Evaluates and coordinates electrical system designs to ensure system-level requirements are met
• Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required
• Develops space vehicle level interface designs
• Provides technical coordination of vendors and suppliers
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects
• Analyzes and designs avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret level clearance.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Degree (preferably Electrical Engineering) and 5 years of related experience (Or a Master's Degree and 3 years of experience or a PhD.)
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience with creating and tracking schedules using project tracking tools such as Microsoft project
• Experience with EVMS and creating variance reports
• Experience leading teams of engineers managing resources and schedules
• Experience with requirements tracking tool such as DOORS
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering