Northrop Grumman Manager 3 Capture and PTW (Dulles, VA, Redondo Beach, CA or Baltimore, MD) in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The "Competitive Assessment/Position to Win" (CA/PTW) Manager Position for Northrop Grumman Space Sector will support new business pursuits, along with supporting strategic development and planning activities in support of internal customers as part of the Sector Business Development team.
The candidate can work in any of the following locations:
Dulles, VA (preferred location)
Redondo Beach, CA
This is a senior-level position that requires the blend of Technical, Finance, Business Development, Proposal, Team Building and strategic thinking skills to be successful. The candidate selected for this position will perform, lead and teach detailed analysis in customer and competitor strategic directions, and will perform detailed analysis of customer funding, tactical award tendencies, competitor tactical bid strategies / tendencies, and Northrop Grumman's price to bid / design to cost recommendations .
The CA/PTW Manager provides:
o Competitive Assessment:
• Understanding and analyzing the customer and their value elements (early insight into section L & M); this includes key stakeholders, influencers, leading to the SSA/SSEB. It also includes past opportunities with the relevant customer and lessons learned.
• Analyzing the competitors to understand their strategies, key stakeholders/leaders and solution portfolio; key input to understanding developing the tops-down and bottoms up price to win analysis.
o PTW - Position to Win/Price to Win:
• The Position to Win elements combines the Price to Win with the customer value elements and the competitor strategies to provide insights to the capture team on how the competitors will position their solution to be meet the customers' requirements.
• The Price to Win consists of two main components (Both influenced by the customer value elements/evaluation criteria to adjust their scoring):
· Top-Down Analysis derived from the customer budget, award tendencies and competitor bid tendencies to derive an rough picture of the bidding range.
· Bottoms-up Analysis utilizes our assessment of the competitors solution and their rates to build up what we believe to be their solution price
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideoSQMVideo
7 years' experience in capture, new business development, program management, or business management
4 years of management experience
Experience with multiple new business captures in excess of $50M each
Knowledge of the aerospace or DoD industry
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
TS/SCI security clearances
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management