Northrop Grumman Lunar Mission Consulting Systems Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
This Systems Engineering position offers the opportunity to work on an exciting space flight program within the Space Division at Northrop Grumman. The Consultant Systems Engineer is responsible for leadership accountabilities & key SE deliverables as part of the SE Integrated Team at various program levels i.e. Mission-, Element-, Segment-level, including the direction and results of a multi-disciplined engineering development of the space system architecture & elements for flight program deliverables or new business concepts and proposals.
Responsibilities may include:
• In this senior-level role, the Consultant Systems Engineer position is expected to be self-directed using previous experience to lead Spacecraft and/or Mission design and analysis efforts, Mission Operations and Ground Segment development, or Specialty Systems Engineering Analysis.
• Candidates must be able to recognize and mitigate instrument, spacecraft, ground segment, and mission technical issues while operating within budget and on schedule.
• Provide Systems Engineering Team leadership for engineers of various skill sets and years of experience
• Tasking assignments, deliverables review, timecard approvals, performance appraisal inputs
• Perform Cost Account Manager duties for Systems Engineering WBS, deliverables, and CPI & SPI
• Interact with the Program Management on all technical issues, risks, and deliverables
• Risk Management for product line: Risk Board planning, conductance, minutes, and mitigations
• Serve as customer interface as necessary to ensure compliance to all contractual specifications, policies, and processes
• Plan and maintain the schedule for all internal and external design reviews and customer technical interchange meetings and formal reviews
• Lead and conduct formal program reviews as appropriate
• Provide technical review, assessments, and investigations as needed for the readiness and presentations
• Lead or participate in new business capture and proposal activities
Job Category : Engineering