Northrop Grumman Inventory Material Control Support 1 - Part Time in Dulles, Virginia
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Space Tactical Business Unit is seeking a Part-Time Inventory Material Specialist 1 to join our team. This position is located in Dulles, VA and will be on 2nd shift (Monday-Friday 1pm-5pm). Occasional weekend work may be required. This is an entry level position.
The individual will receive daily inbound package and freight shipments from carriers including unloading and forklift operations as required.
• Un-package inbound shipments, prepare receipts in inventory control system, and route items to receiving inspection or stage for distribution.
• Process ready for stock transactions as required.
• Coordinate all off site warehouse storage and retrieval requests and transport/retrieve items from off-site warehouse upon request including warehouse inventory tracking system updates.
• Metrics/Data Collection/Stockroom Operations/5S
Compile stockroom metrics data to facilitate monthly reporting.
• Generate/distribute periodic limited life material listings to planning.
• Process ongoing monthly cycle counts.
• Compile 5S data to facilitate monthly reporting including 5S board maintenance and updates.
• Process all inventory transactions including ready for stocks, location transfers, reservations, kits, inter/intra program transfers, returns to stocks, incoming customer furnished materials, and etc.
•Inventory Material Specialist 1: Minimum of a High School Diploma and 0 years of planning experience
• U.S Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Security clearance
• Experience in industry management solutions applications
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Strong understanding of excel and word perfect programs.
• Must concisely communicate build fabrication and material status within and outside of the organization both verbally and in written form.
Inventory control experience
Space component handling experience (i.e. ESD, humidity sensitive, fragile materials)Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions .
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production