Northrop Grumman Intern, Electrical Engineering in Dulles, Virginia
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Electrical Engineers to join the Space Intern Program. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
An Electrical Engineer is expected to apply basic electrical engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to:
•Perform basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
•Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
•Rapidly troubleshoot and isolate system level problems discovered during test activities or production and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier issues, and recommend near-term workaround.
•Perform verification testing and/or data collection to support the implementation of corrective actions including technical analysis, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or computer programs.
•Develop and write technical documentation, make revisions to existing documentation, and provide input to technical papers or presentations.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2021.
• Be majoring in a STEM degree
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
• Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Administrative Services