Northrop Grumman Associate Systems Engineer in Dulles, Virginia
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
In this role, you perform duties contributing to general mission and/or space vehicle systems engineering activities. You could support and/or be responsible for developing requirements, design, integration, development or testing of air & space payloads, spacecraft buses, satellites, and manned or unmanned space systems.
Responsibilities may also include developing requirements, design, integration, development or testing of space payloads, spacecraft buses, satellites, human-rated spacecraft, and satellite servicing vehicles.
This includes generating and flowing down customer requirements to hardware and software designers, developing innovative system architectures, implementing advanced algorithms involving sophisticated signal processing and data processing techniques, and integrating and testing finished hardware and software products. Tasks may also include harness interface design, mechanical systems support, Command& Telemetry database development, and space vehicle configuration modeling. You must be knowledgeable in aerospace systems, spacecraft subsystems design, or mission operations. Advanced modeling & analyses relating to mission and technical problems may be required in support of development or mission operations teams. Candidate may be called on to assist in new business activities, such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies, and may include authoring sections for both.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in a STEM degree
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Minimum overall GPA of 3.25
• Prior internship or research experience in related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
• Experience with the Systems Engineering process
• Experience defining requirements and interfaces
• Aptitude for understanding system and subsystem interactions
• Experience developing verification documentation
• Experience with architecture development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering