Northrop Grumman Contracts Manager in Devens, Massachusetts
Adaptive Optics Associates Xinetics (AOX), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) Business Venture, is currently seeking a Contracts Manager to support AOX activities. AOA-Xinetics designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGAS business initiatives.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and R&D services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
The ContractsManager will report to the AOX Director of Business Management. He/she administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts. Reviews solicitations and conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, and contract administration from the business development phase through closeout. You'll be responsible for committing, executing, and administering contracts or agreements, including communicating and interpreting performance requirements, delivery options and schedules, and related terms and conditions to ensure accurate and complete business transactions.
* Responsible for managing all contract processes from proposal development through contract closeout.
* Participate in negotiations of contract language, terms and conditions, cost/price, deliverables and schedule requirements.
* Works with NGC Corporate Law Department to negotiate and establish Non-Disclosure Agreements with associative companies.
* Prepare responses to solicitations in the form of proposals and quotations.
* Prepare proposal cover letters and Reps & Certs; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
* Facilitate and participate in providing contractual guidance to internal management including sales, finance, and program management.
* Work with program management teams to assure compliance with contractual requirements during program execution and communicate contractual obligations to the account teams managing the installation and maintenance of the contracted telecommunications services.
* Coordinate with finance and business teams for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
* Review solicitations and contractual instruments.
* Assist in new business pursuit/capture and associated contractual strategy.
* Assist in identification, development and implementation of new contract/subcontract policies and processes.
* Participate in development and administration of business alliances and teaming agreements.
* Provide administrative support as necessary, including drafting correspondence, online research, and file organization to the Government business team.
* It is planned that this role shall have direct reports and the manager shall be required to be a supervisor of these direct reports.
* Timely execution of assigned contract vehicles.
* Timely close out of completed contracts.
* Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in business, marketing, or related field.
* Minimum 10+ years direct experience with government contracting and subcontracting.
* In-depth knowledge of government contracting concepts, including FAR/DFARS.
* Experienced with the competitive procurement processes in government acquisition.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently, multitask and coordinate activities across a range of functional areas.
* Must be able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.
* Thorough understanding of terms and conditions, termination liability and contract management.
* Excellent writing skills and ability to draft contractual instruments.
* Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
* Strong presentation, cross-functional leadership and team-building skills.
* Familiarity with commercial item/service contracts, firm fixed price contracts, multi-award IDIQ contracts, and common issues that may arise with these contract vehicles.
* Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Must interface effectively with internal management, Corporate Law Department and customer representatives including contracting officers and specialists.
* Commitment to continued professional development.
* US Citizenship Required.
* Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions.
* Proficient in all MS Office Applications.
* Ability to work with confidential information exercise judgment and discretion.
* MBA preferred.
* Experience in a fast-paced product-orient business environment.
* Active TS/SCI Clearance.
* Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
* Experience with international contracts and negotiation is a plus.
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
* This position is based in Devens, MA.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Flexibility to changing environment.
* An estimate of travel up to 10% may be required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management