Northrop Grumman Staff Software Engineer in Dahlgren, Virginia
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to support our space programs. The candidate will be a member of the Engineering-Eastern Region homeroom. Our Engineering team provides the skills and innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain program and product lines across the space and ground systems domain while delivering a decisive advantage to our customer's missions. This position will be located in Dahlgren, VA.
The engineer will support the contract which provide sustainment services for current and future ground-based Space Situational Awareness (SSA) sensors, SSA Command and Control (C2) systems, and Space Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2) capabilities. The work in Dahlgren specifically support the SSA C2 and Space BMC2 systems known as the Distributed Space Command and Control system - Dahlgren (DSC2-D). DSC2-D includes several tools and systems that are geographically separated from DSC2-D and are also within the scope of responsibility that as an engineer who will work to develop and modernize existing systems.
• Lead software integration efforts of Command and Control data exchange and processing systems
• Lead team of administrators and developers with integration of tenants into an existing VMWare based architecture
• Develop and evaluate interfaces between software components, operational performance requirements, and overall system design
• Lead overall system evaluation efforts to include analysis and development of hardware/software interfaces
• Identify, develop and implement solutions for software related technical issues that could possibly impact costs, schedule, or performance
• Lead software development team while adhering to established guidelines, observing all software compliance standards and following technical direction
*Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
*Requires 14 yr wBS; 12 yrs wMasters; 9 yrs wPhD
*Information must be specific and include all required skills and experience necessary on the first day of work in this role. Include education requirements, clearance information, certifications and/or systems experience that is/are needed. *Must be Objective, Non-Comparable, and Relevant to the role.
• Experience with Java and C programming
• Working experience with Git version control
• Knowledge of network architectures and protocols
• Experience with Agile and/or Waterfall SW development methodologies
• Working knowledge of converged infrastructure and related technologies such as VMware, Networking, and Storage solutions
• Ability to travel 10%
• Experience in Astrodynamics Application and Algorithm Programming
• Knowledgeable in Cyber Security in DoD environment
• Utilize a variety of software languages (e.g., C, container application development, microservices, and Kubernetes ) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems
• Meticulous organization of open software tasks
• Broad experience participating in efforts associated with sustainment and new developments
• Strong written and verbal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering