Northrop Grumman Systems Administrator in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a qualified PARCS Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment and Modernization of Radars (SMORS) program. This position will work in an Agile environment and serve as a Systems Administrator supporting the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform as a Solaris Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operations of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization across multiple networks.
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Create technical documentation and provide specifications to support recommendations for purchasing hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Cyber Security Team.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
Job Category : Information Technology