Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal / Staff Engineer Systems in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Principle investigator (PI) for an independent research and development (IRAD) project as part of homeland defense radar (HDR) campaign supported within the advanced mission systems (AMS) operational unit (OU). The AMERICA IRAD project consists of algorithm development, modeling and simulation, architecture design, hardware design & development spanning across multiple sites across the country. The AMERICA IRAD uses an Agile workflow for technical development and leverages Atlassian products to aid in the project
Manage and monitor IRAD finances and staffing
Manage IRAD schedule
Manage and contribute to technical execution
Report progress to leadership and business management and provide periodic reports to the AMS OU IRAD portfolio manager
Maintain and manage Agile workflow, including managing a product backlog and conduct agile product owner activities some of which include:
Support business development and miscellaneous capture activities
Travel 25%, potentially up to 50% to coordinate with teams at other sites
This position can be filled at a level 4 or a level 5 depending on the successful candidate's qualifications.
• BQ's for Level 4: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited institution with 9+ years of relevant work experience
• BQ's for Level 5: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited institution with 14+ years of relevant work experience
• Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
• Knowledge and experience working with Radar systems
• Experience working in an Agile Software Development project
• Experience being a key technical SME on a capture effort
• Experience with Business Development, proposals, and RFI responses
• Experience with Radar Signal Processing
• Experience with Radar Design
• Experience with Modeling and Simulation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering