At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Space Systems Surveillance and Environmental Intelligence (SSEI) Operating Unit Proposal Operations has an opening for a Proposal Manager 2 to join our fast-paced, dynamic, diverse, and accomplished Business Development team. This position is in Colorado Springs, CO.
The selected candidate must be able to work on-site when required and be willing and able to travel, as needed.
Flexible/hybrid work arrangements are possible at times and will vary based on capture and proposal assignments.
Our mission is to apply proven Business Acquisition Processes and proposal execution strategies, processes, and leadership to the SSEI Business Development and Capture Teams to ensure early preparation as well as successful, compliant, compelling, and on-time proposal submissions. Candidates for this position will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced across leadership, collaboration, innovation, communication, project management, risk management, and proposal-based capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop efficient and effective proposal execution plans in response to complex, competitive RFIs, RFPs, RPPs, and BAAs from DoD, NASA, and other U.S. Government customers.
• Lead collaborative teams to develop, review, and submit proposals that effectively represent our strategy and baseline while eliminating non-compliances and limiting weaknesses.
• M entor, coach, and train proposal team members
• Provide pre-proposal planning support to Capture Managers
• Collaborate with the Capture Manager on the proposal execution approach
• Work with the Capture Manager and core team to develop win themes, messages, discriminators, and key features of our offering and ensure they are reflected in our proposal deliverables
• Articulate and clarify proposal team roles and responsibilities
• Establish and maintain virtual and physical workspaces for proposal execution and ensure configuration control of proposal documents
• Define RFP required proposal deliverables
• Develop and execute the Proposal Development Plan, including the proposal schedule, outlines, compliance matrix, templates, style guides, truth wall, proposal status, proposal prep budget, and proposal execution risk
• Schedule and manage proposal content reviews
• Review proposal content for compliance with solicitation instructions, clarity, accuracy, and consistency across volumes
• Finalize proposal documents for delivery
• Develop and implement a plan for post-submittal customer questions and response phase
• Bachelor's degree and 9+ years of experience, including 5+ years of experience working on proposals, or a Master's degree with 7+ years of experience, including 4+ years of experience working on proposals
• 2+ years of experience in a proposal leadership role
• Kn owledge and understanding of the U.S. Government's competitive acquisition process including federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFAR)
• Must possess an active Secret DoD clearance at minimum to be considered
• 4+ years of experience in a proposal leadership role
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• Experience managing large, competitive aerospace and/or space systems proposals
Salary Range: $111,100 - $166,700
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs