At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking Air Defense JTAGS Specialists for our JTAGS-P3I Field Service Rep. team located in Colorado Springs, CO. Our team works on ground-based systems that deliver timely warnings and cueing information regarding ballistic missile launches. The systems are strategically positioned to receive, process, and distribute data obtained from overhead sensors. Its four detachments are based in Italy, Qatar, South Korea, and Japan.
We work on broad-scale missile warning. We support utilization of Joint Tactical Ground Stations (JTAGS) for space surveillance and missile warning. Comprehensive support to the fielded JTAGS sites both from the JTAGS Support Facility in Colorado, as well as while on-site, with the ability to address/resolve most customer questions and issues in real-time.
• Installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies all aspects of the JTAGS System.
• Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at the field locations.
• Provides real-time technical support to the warfighter on all aspects of the JTAGS system (HW/SW) at customer and field locations.
• Provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
• Bachelor's degree with 9 years of experience OR Masters degree with 7 years of experience or High School diploma / Equivalent with 14 years' experience may be accepted in Lieu of degree
• Active DoD Secret Clearance investigated within the last 5 years.
• Knowledge of server data processing hardware
• Ability to Assist with System Integration.
• Linux experience
• Window OS experience
• Familiarity with any of the following: JTAGS, Air Défense, Space Brigade missile warning, missile warning systems, CRAM or other Similar systems
• Ability to work on site Colorado Springs with approx. 50 % International Travel
• JTAGS Experience - Prior missile warning program Exp
• Active DOD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level II Technical Level Certification (Security + CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSC
• Training or advanced knowledge specific to Cisco, NetApp, HP servers, and Dell servers.
• Experience formatting/imaging hard drives, managing backups.
• Familiarity and understanding of networking protocols VLANs, routing, subnets, network switching, network attached storage, firewall appliances, intrusion detection devices.
• SATCOM antenna experience.
• Mechanically inclined with working knowledge of standard mechanical tools.
• Familiarity with COMSEC principles and cryptographic equipment.
• Prior experience providing on-site technical (HW/SW) support.
• Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex system issues.
• Experience with rackmount HW installations.
• Familiarity reading engineering drawings.
Salary Range: $97,300 - $121,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.