Northrop Grumman GBSD OTS Senior Principal Test Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer for the C&L Integration Assembly Test & Checkout (IATC) team. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
• Plan and arrange labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
• Write test cases and test plans for complex software and hardware systems
• Ability to navigate requirements in DOORS
• Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
• Provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
• Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
• Test planning, execution, reporting, and integration support
• Technical experience in network, computer hardware and software, interconnection and interfacing technologies
• Collaborate with systems engineers, software engineers and lab users to ensure the lab meets test requirements
• Develop and release engineering documentation
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor's degree with 9 years of engineering experience; 7 years with a Master's of Science degree; 4 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant work experience may be counted in lieu of a bachelor's of science degree.
US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
-Experience with software testing at all levels (unit test, functional test, regression test)
-Experience with hardware testing
Experience with automated testing techniques
Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps tools and processes
Experience with Client/Server architecture.
Automated Test experience (development and execution)
Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo
Ability to read/understand C++ code
Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python
Travel for this position is expected up to 10% of the time.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering