Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 2/3 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
We have an opening for a System Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the NOALS organization. This position will be located at Schriever AFB Colorado Springs.
What You'll get to Do:
• Must have the experience and maturity to work with small teams and interface with customers and senior managers. This position is primarily focused on the Operations & Sustainment of several interconnected networks; however, knowledge of the System Engineering processes, Agile development, and DevOps is essential for mission success
• Assist in the implementation of the required government policy to make recommendations on project tailoring, participate in and document project activities
• Perform both technical and non-technical assessments of requirements and work with functional area personnel to develop design to remediate those requirements
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more
• Level 2: Bachelor's + 2 years of experience in Science in relevant STEM discipline from an accredited college; Master's + 0 years of experience
• Level 3: Bachelor's + 5 years of experience in a relevant STEM discipline from an accredited college; 3 years with a Masters; 0 with PhD
• TS/SCI Clearance with Counter Intelligence Polygraph
• Experience in Server System Administration and troubleshooting analysis in some or all of the following platforms: Linux, Windows servers/clients, and Oracle/SQL Databases
• Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
• Demonstrated experience quickly learning new concepts and approaches
• Experience with Agile development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel Office Products
• Position is normally Mon - Fri: may require on-call, evening, and weekend support during system anomalies or mission requirements
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders ranging from technical staffers up to senior program managers.
• Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated system engineers, and system/network administrators
• Security + or other DoD 8570 approved certification
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
• Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders from a variety of organizations (internally and externally) in support of requirements development
• Solid technical foundation in Systems Engineering processes
• Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message data; troubleshoot both test and operational issues
• Experience with Systems Integration and System/Software Testing, including virtualized environments
• Experience in the integration of system components within an integrated test environment
• Working knowledge of system design and overall integration into an operational environment
• Detailed knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
• Working knowledge in test plan/procedure preparation and test execution
The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Division is a strategic partner specializing in commercial and classified partnerships with the design, delivery, operation and sustainment of satellites and human spacecraft. We support science and space exploration through our various partnerships, including NASA's Artemis program with the goal to return humans to the Moon in 2024 and the TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) program that has discovered more than twenty confirmed plants. Recognized as an industry leader, we also develop highly specialized space and satellite components.
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow for employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of of benefits including healthcare insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Level 2: $74,240-$111,360
Level 3: $92,000-$138,000
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering