Northrop Grumman Engineer Software 4 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Engineer Software 4
Requisition ID: 18006652
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment program.
This position will support the software development efforts associated with a sensor sustainment & development contract, which includes:
• Providing SW & engineering solutions in an Agile development environment including participation in requirements derivation, analysis, system/software design, technical milestone review development/delivery, software implementation including static code analysis, unit-level software testing and documentation. Support to system integration, contractor developmental test and evaluation and Government force deployment evaluation.
• Providing engineering and technical assistance for operational site personnel.
• Experience developing real-time Object-Oriented Software architectures, with C implementation.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Must have a DoD Secret security clearance
• Position will require up to 25% travel
This position is contingent upon program award.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 10 years or more of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Candidate must have hands-on development experience for OO/C applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
• Experience utilizing model based systems engineering and software design methodologies (SYSML/UML)
• Standard knowledge of radar principles
• RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5/6) & IRIX/Solaris based operating systems
• Must have strong organization skills to prioritize assigned work and meet deadlines
• Must be detail-oriented with good written & verbal communication skills.
• Able to deliver successful results based on general objectives with minimal guidance.
• Rapid software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
• Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
• Familiarity with Phased Array Radar technology
• Familiarity with Upgraded Early Warning Radar technology and programs
• Experienced in the use of Atlassian tool set.
• Experience interacting with Government Stakeholders
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Software 4
Location: Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: 18006652