At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician 1/2 to join our Supplier Quality Receiving Inspection team at our Clearfield , Utah facility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of quality assessments tasks. As a Quality Control Technician, you will be responsible for the quality of incoming supplier products to ensure products meet the company's quality standards and support the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain. Job responsibilities will include:
• Analysis and tests of raw materials and finished goods to ensure compliance to specifications and customer and regulatory requirements
• Reviewing and understanding customer certifications and purchasing requirements which include knowledge in blue prints, specifications, and contracts
• Performing dimensional and visual inspection in accordance with written planning and procedures
• Proactive attitude toward learning/training and be capable of working in a dynamic team environment
• Creation of area and job specific training documents and standard work or task instruction sheets
• Supporting and advancing a strong safety culture
• Understanding and adhering to company policies and procedures
• Interfacing with numerous engineering, manufacturing and quality teams and customers
• Must be able to support off-shift, weekends, holidays and overtime work as needed
• Physical demands include standing or moving about the plant
• May require up to 15% travel to support source inspections at suppliers
• 4 years of related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish assigned tasks while working multiple programs/projects
• Analytical and problem solving skills in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team project and organize data inputs from multiple sources
• Keen attention to detail in daily job functions
• Skilled in shop mathematical applications
• Proficient in use of measuring devices like gauges, meters, calipers to perform dimensional inspection
• Experience in nonconformance documentation
• Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints and specifications utilizing GD&T standards
• Organized documentation and reporting skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Advanced computer skills and ability to learn multiple new software applications
• Experience working supplier quality and receiving quality in aerospace and defense with AS9100/ISO 9001 focus
• Advanced GD&T knowledge
• CMM operator/programmer
• Up-to-date knowledge of federal and industry standards
• Experience with root cause and corrective action processes
• QMIS/ESI planning applications and SmartSolve nonconformance application
• High School diploma or GED required; A.S. Degree or equivalent preferred.
Level 2: High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education and/or related experience.
Salary Range: $34,500 - $57,500
Salary Range 2: $41,000 - $68,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs