Northrop Grumman Field Engineer 3 in Chantilly, Virginia
Field Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 18008361
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Chantilly
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking uniquely qualified and mission oriented individuals with a background in electronics, RF Engineering, Electronic System design/integration/maintenance, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), Electronic Warfare (EW) and several years of field experience to perform OCONUS/CONUS mission/maintenance support, development/integration/test of in-house and field-deployed EW products.
This position requires deployment to overseas and military theatres for both on-call quick reaction (7-30 days) and extended periods (45 to 90 days at a time on a rotating basis). Candidates must be willing to work extended hours during
mission critical time periods. While not deployed it is preferred, but not required, that the candidate work out of our NG HQ location in Chantilly VA, Sacramento CA, or Fort Bragg NC.
Individuals will also conduct training in both formal and informal environments. A qualified individual will closely interface with the customer and system operators in planning, maintenance and operation of fielded equipment. Provide highly
technical professional implementation of NGMS products, as well as customer furnished equipment (CFE), to solve customer problems with a focus toward real-time mission support. Support will include field testing, calibration support and
depot level repairs. Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and support. Position requires excellent oral and written communications skills; strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and proficiency with various
types of test equipment and software packages.
When not deployed, the candidate will support CONUS lab and engineering depot level activities in Chantilly, other NG locations, and customer sites.
• Bachelor's degree, in an Engineering or related discipline and 5 or more years related work experience, Masters degree
and 3 years
• Must have a current active Top Secret/SCI clearance in JPAS, or be listed as TS SCI eligible in JPAS
• Work related experience should include integration, field support and implementation of electronic/communication
• Radio, computer, INS/GPS troubleshooting and repair experience
• Antenna, RF cable/connector troubleshooting and repair experience
• UAV and manned aircraft integration experience
• Windows, Linux, and Cisco IOS operating system experience
• TCP/IP networking over satellite communications, setup, troubleshooting and repair experience
• Knowledge of modern mobile communications signal sets
• Military experience desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Field Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 18008361