Northrop Grumman Data Feeds/Software Engineer 2/3 (TS/SCI/Poly) in Chantilly, Virginia
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you ready for a new mission? Northrop Grumman is looking for a Data Feed Engineer or Principal Data Feed Engineer to work in Chantilly, VA.
• Engineer, implement, test, debug, and monitor data flows to ensure the continuous distribution of data from sources to destinations in an efficient and timely manner.
• Write/edit and test scripts, parsers, and small programs to process, load or analyze data.
• Gather metrics and contribute status as required by the customer and management.\
• Interface with customers electronically, on the phone and in person to ensure data flows meet their needs.
• Identify areas of improvement and present innovative solutions to increase efficiency and quality of data flows.
• Participate in the "On Call" rotation with other team members to support any technical or mission need. This includes abiding to any travel or behavior restrictions required during their rotation.
• Take broader team priorities and decompose/track personal tasks using corporate resources (Jira).
• Professionally engage with customers electronically, on the phone and in person
This position may be filled at a level 2 or 3 depending on experience.
• Level 2: Bachelors and 2 years of related experience, a Master's with no experience required, or a total of 6 years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Level 3: Bachelors and 5 years of related experience, a Master's with 3 years of related experience experience required, a PhD with no experience required, or a total of 9 years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
• Understanding of Nifi or similar data flow tool experience
• Basic proficiency with Linux (e.g. file/permission manipulation, directory navigation, executing scripts, etc.)
• Able to provide On Call rotation to support technical and mission need
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style
• Strong Apache Nifi experience implementing complex data flows (e.g. multiple sources and destinations, dynamically responding to errors, automatic data replay, throttling, etc.)
• Scripting Experience (e.g. bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
• DevOps practices and tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.)
• Implementing Linux security best practices (e.g. STIGS, CIS Benchmarks, etc.)
• Experience with metrics collection and monitoring using tools (e.g. Splunk, Nagios, AppDynamic, etc.)
• Ability to interact with various stakeholders to include management and customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in the Intelligence Community
• Experience working in a Customer Facility
• Ability to perform with minimum direction
• Ability to work in a demanding environment with changing priorities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology