Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer Systems- GBSD Program Secret Clearance Required in Chandler, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Staff Systems Engineer GBSD Program Secret Clearance Required
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced Staff Systems Engineer to serve as Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Systems Engineer as part of the Systems Engineering Integration & Test team in our Chandler, AZ office.
• Role Description & Responsibilities:
• The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in system level verification/data review activities.
• The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training skills.
• Regular interface with program management, engineering staff and external customers is expected.
• The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (greater than 40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines.
• Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition documents and coordinates document approval through peer review and signature process.
• Creates and modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
• Support proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering on a project.
•Provides data and support risk management (identifies potential risk) and trade study processes.
• Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation
• Manages aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, minor failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
• Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
• Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and CONOPS development.
14 Years with Bachelors in Science in Engineering; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Active Secret Security Clearance is required
Ability to travel is required
• A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
• Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
• System testing and launch operations experience is desired.
• DOORS experience is desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering