Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Program Planning / Scheduling Analyst in Chandler, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position is for the DSC program.
The Sr Principal Program Scheduler must be capable of creating and maintaining a resource loaded schedule network that is the core of a schedule-driven EVMS implementation.
• Provide program planning and scheduling support to internal and external customers (typically Program/Proposal/Product team Managers, CAMs, task leads, etc.). This includes gathering of source planning data, logical sequencing of activities, establishing activity durations and loading of resources in an Integrated Master Schedule Network for the purpose of providing status reporting and earned value analysis of work performed against the approved baseline plan.
• Review subcontractor schedule submissions to determine compliance to subcontract requirements and communicated corrective actions as needed.
• Implement automated planning software to perform schedule analysis and reporting, including critical path analysis and assessment, schedule risk assessments, schedule health metrics analysis.
• Gather and compile information to create summary level and detailed program/project network schedules utilizing automated planning software.
• Periodically gather status information to update and analyze the "time now" status of baselined program networks, advise managers of schedule critical paths and, when requested, recommend alternative schedules and recovery plans.
• Perform analysis of program resource "consumables" (time, manpower, facilities use, materials, etc.) to determine the "earned value" or work performed.
9 Years of experience in Business Management with Bachelors degree, or 7 Years of experience with a Master's (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree)
Candidate should have experience scheduling in an Earned Value management environment with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment, including familiarity with DI-MGMT-81650 and related government requirements.
Proficiency with MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word is required.
Prior experience in scheduling
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Management