Northrop Grumman Procurement Coordinator 4 in Chandler, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Launch and Missile Defense Systems Division (LMDS) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
LMDS has an opening for a Procurement Coordinator 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chandler, Arizona
Provides administrative support to Subcontract Managers and Subcontract Specialists, which will include invoice processing and tracking, subcontract reporting, metric data collection, status tracking and reporting, coordination of approvals for various Subcontract Management processes, coordinating supplier events, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, booking travel arrangements, processing expense reports, data entry, file management and other duties as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Packaging materials, equipment and parts for shipment.
• Planning and coordinating the shipment and receipt of material using a
variety of government or commercial shipping services.
• Preparing records of materials shipped, including bills of lading.
• Transporting material between shipping companies (e.g. FedEx) and the
• Opening containers using hand tools to count and catalog materials.
• Verifying quantity, weight, and conformance of received materials.
• Managing a local storeroom of property, ensuring proper storage,
inventory control and issuing to end users.
• Using computer systems to maintain property records concerning
quantity, cost, and type of material received or shipped.
• Expediting the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between
departments and/or companies in accordance with provided timelines.
• Physical movement of material using various material handling
equipment, including forklifts and hand trucks.
• Purchasing routine, non-deliverable parts, materials and supplies using
Northrop Grumman's iBuy and Purchase Card procurement processes.
• Collaborating with engineers and technicians to understand procurement
requirements and then relaying those requirements to vendors.
• Maintain purchasing records in accordance with Northrop Grumman's
iBuy and Purchase Card procurement processes.
• Candidate will also be required to perform a variety of clerical duties.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Attainment in one of the following years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
a. 8 years' experience with a Master's Degree in a Business and/or STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics)
b. 10 years' experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a Business and/or STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics)
c. 14 years' experience no degree
Must be proficient with MS Office Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Must have Strong Communications Skills
Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain