At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Engineer Systems/Sr. Principal Engineer Systems to serve on the Strike program as part of the Systems Engineering Integration & Test team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
• The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document mission launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in mission verification/data review activities.
• Regular interface with program management, engineering staff and external customers is expected.
• The candidate should be willing to occasionally work during odd hours (nights/weekends) and occasionally longer than normal (>40 hrs/wk) to meet deadlines.
• The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training skills.
• Provides data for and assists in risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
• Supports mission design, data analyses, interface verification, testing, and failure/anomaly resolution.
• Prepares and presents materials for at major mission milestone meetings.
• Manages cost accounts for mission scope of work
This position may be offered at the Principal Engineer Systems Level 3 or Sr. Principal Engineer Systems Level 4.
If offered at the Principal Engineer Systems Level 3 requires :
- BS Engineering degree plus 5 years of experience; Masters degree plus 3 years of experience; PhD with 0 years of experience.
If offered at the Sr. Principal Engineer Systems Level 4 requires:
BS Engineering degree plus 9 years of experience; Masters degree plus 7 years of experience; PhD with 4 years of experience.
Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance and may be required to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance
Ability to travel is required (<25>
• A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
• Weapons system or RF experience
• Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation)
• Requirements Management databases (DOORS) experience
• System testing and launch operations experience
• Previous Cost Account Management experience
• Experience with Agile, Scrum, and/or Jira
Salary Range: $87,600 - $131,400
Salary Range 2: $108,600 - $163,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs