Northrop Grumman Transportation Dispatcher in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems is seeking a Transportation Dispatcher to provide support at our Promontory, Utah campus.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Transportation Dispatcher will be responsible for scheduling and dispatching transportation teams and vehicles for movement of materials and products between locations.
• Develop plans to move products in the most efficient way possible.
• Analyze factors such as size of load, product, driver availability, and length of trip.
• Oversee the route of product and track delivery status
• Proactively address problems and suggest solutions in relation to scheduling issues.
• Communicate with Operations and Transportation teams
• Provide reporting
• Monitor safety
• Oversee/assist in leased vehicle administration, schedule maintenance and logistics
• Strong and clear communicating so that all parties involved are informed
• Keeping calm in the face of surprise situations in order to rectify them quickly and efficiently
• Critical thinking to anticipate potential problems
• Time management for self and to identify improvement opportunities
• Commitment to teamwork
• BS/BA degree in Business, Logistics, or Transportation Management and 3 years related experience.
o May hire one level higher with required degree and 6 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with Propulsion Systems products and transportation requirements
• Previous Driver experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Facilities/Real Estate