Northrop Grumman Software Quality Assurance Tester in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance Tester to support our Process Engineering team at our Promontory Utah Plant.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Test in-house software systems to ensure proper functionality
• Become an expert with in-house custom developed, Java based electronic shop floor instruction (ESI) system
• Become an expert with Propulsion Systems implementation of TeamCenter Enterprise document management system (ePIC) lifecycle administration
• Support migration of ePIC and ESI to Siemens TeamCenter Unified Architecture (TcUA)
• Trouble shoot and resolve ePIC and ESI issues
• Perform ePIC, TcUA, and ESI software change testing, configuration control and user acceptance
• Provide guidance to work instruction authors on standards and best practices
• Prepare and present technical presentations to leadership, and to the customers for review and approval
• Analyze and propose improvements for the ESI and Epic software systems
• Perform software testing (manual and automated)
• Provide internal customer service and software support (ESI system)
• Support development, testing, and implementation of new software in the organization
• Create SQL queries for custom reports from the ESI database
Experience and Education Requirements:
• B.S. or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (other technical degrees with applicable experience may be considered).
• Candidate must have 2 years of experience with a BS degree or an MS degree.
This requisition may be filled at a higher level with a B.S. or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (other technical degrees with applicable experience may be considered).
- Candidate must have 5 years of experience with a BS degree or 3 years' experience with an MS degree.
Preferred Experience :
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Experience testing software program changes
• Siemens TcUA experience
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Self-Starter that takes initiative to complete tasks and assignments with little supervision
• Good problem-solving skills and strong oral communication skills
• Good organization and multi-tasking skills
• Experience with software analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology