Northrop Grumman Site Manager 1 in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an Operations Manager Level 1 for the Test and Research Operations Value Stream at the Promontory, Utah facility.
As a Propulsion Systems Operations Supervisor (Operations Manager Level 1), you will lead a team of highly skilled TTS (Technician Team Supervisors) and engineering technicians to safely provide a quality product on-time and on-cost for various programs. Additionally, you will be responsible for the development of personnel, cross-training, staffing and managing resources to meet production schedules.
• Lead a team of highly skilled TTS and engineering technicians to safely provide a quality product on-time and on-cost for various programs
• Maintain a safe work environment (personal and professional) and drive a culture of safety first.
• Ensure facilities, tooling, planning, materials, and people are available to complete assigned workloads
• Execute day-to-day operations to complete daily production goals in support of business requirements
• Initiate Maintenance Work Orders, Tool Discrepancy Reports, Tooling Change Notices and Facilities Engineering Orders, and track to completion
• Ensure training (e.g., procedures, quality documents, safety, etc.) is complete and effective
• Lead/participate in continuous improvement activities
• Responsible for performance management and corrective action
• Administer and implement corrective actions for mishaps, quality issues, FOD, etc.
• Lead/participate in root cause and corrective action analysis, implementation, effectiveness, etc.
• Utilize performance management and succession planning tools to develop team members
• Clearly and thoroughly communicate leadership flow down to ensure alignment and understanding.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering (e.g., drawings, 3-D models, specifications) and operating procedures
• Strong technical background related to rocket motor manufacturing, test, and machining.
Problem solving skills and ability to apply PES principles to improve process flow and standardization
• Willingness to work flexible and changing shift schedules; day or night shifts, including weekends, if necessary
• Successful history of managing personnel in high energy assignments while promoting a safe and productive environment
• Proven leadership skills and experience with PES improvements
• Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated use of manufacturing performance measurement tools
• Computer skills: Excel, Access, Power Point, Word
Preferred Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree and five years of experience; or
• Master Degree and three years of experience
• Experience directly or indirectly leading people
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management