Northrop Grumman Principal Tooling Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently recruiting for a T ool Engineer 3 to join our team at the Promontory, Utah location.
Candidate will be responsible for the concept, design, engineering, fabrication drawings, inspection requirements, procurement requirements, verification requirements, and fabrication support for tooling and equipment for Aerospace applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Interface with review team to assure customer satisfaction with design
• Managing projects and coordinate all procurements and fabrication to meet the program cost and schedule requirements
• Inspect fabricated support hardware to assure compliance to design
• Work alongside the manufacturing team to ensure overall program quality, delivery, and cost objectives are achieved
• Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs
• Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
• Work closely with Tool Designers to create final drawings.
• Perform stress analysis to assure mechanically sound per NG requirements
• Understand/monitor cost and schedule
• Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability
• Support vendors as needed during fabrication
• Inspect tool configuration for drawing compliance, including fit, form and function
• Support continuous improvement
• Support Operations and Process Engineering in the use of all tooling
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years technical experience in engineering, design, and fabrication of special tooling and related equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate vendor and equipment capability and ability to perform required tasks to include production of tooling as well as unique aerospace part production.
• Experience with closed form and FE analysis practices; Prefer NX and ANSYS software systems.
• NX modeling experience.
Strong candidates for this position will possess:
• Desire, i.e. passion, to build and manufacture support hardware.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
• Leadership ability.
• Technical attention to detail.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering