Northrop Grumman Principal Reliability Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Reliability Engineer to provide support in our Promontory Utah facility.
Description & Responsibilities:
• The task of the reliability engineer is to prevent equipment failure.
• Works with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
• Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
• Participates in the final check out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
• Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
• Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
• Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
• Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
• Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
• Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Engineer applies:
• Data analysis techniques that can include:
Statistical Process Control
Reliability modeling and prediction
Fault Tree Analysis
Weibull Tree Analysis
Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology
• Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
• Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
• Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
• Asset Utilization
• Overall Equipment Effectiveness
• Remaining useful life
• Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
• Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
• Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 5+ years of related work experience, or 3 years with Masters degree.
• Strong familiarity with Maximo or a similar Computerized Maintenance Management System with working to utilize data analysis to drive reliability in facilities maintenance programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering