Northrop Grumman Principal Manufacturing Analyst in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Principal Manufacturing Analyst to provide leadership to our Test and Research Operations Value Steam team at our Promontory Utah campus.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Analyst is responsible for administrative assignments and implementation of improvement initiatives associated with the Test and Research Operations Value Stream (TRO VS). The primary responsibility for this position is to support the Test and Research Operations Value Stream Director, Managers and VSET Leaders in understanding and integrating actions for future demand vs. capacity planning. This strategic planning and executing role is for facility and tooling capital as well as manpower needs for the next 5 years and beyond. Also required is the identification of systemic improvements needed for establishing overall test and process stability, and driving improvement for this key NGIS objective.
• Create and improve area tools and systems designed to support manufacturing stability and efficiency.
• Understand demand vs. capacity for the TRO VS, create and execute plans to support future needs.
• Analyze Operational Availability data and develop plans with support groups for readiness to execute to future demands.
• Identify opportunities for mistake proofing and create innovative solutions for Quality Improvement.
• Develop innovative solutions to improve and simplify work.
• Develop and implement process improvement initiatives. Provide coaching and support for improvement activities throughout the work center.
• Communicate effectively, initiate and drive necessary actions to completion that ensure organizational goals are accomplished.
• Develop knowledge and expertise to be considered a strategic SME for the work areas.
• Resolve functional or process related problems/issues and makes sound business decisions.
• Work closely with VSET leaders and across all Program Mgmt. to understand future demand and timing
• Lead Operations Teams through capacity analysis for the TRO VS and understand the future business needs required to meet company objectives
• Work closely with Program Management and Operations Leadership to drive needed improvements and investment.
• Verifiable lean manufacturing (PES) implementation experience that includes problem solving, and leading project teams to improve flow and processes.
• Program Launch and or development experience
• Knowledge of and experience with Rocket Motor, Subscale, and Component testing.
• Machine Shop knowledge and experience
• Instrumentation installation and data acquisition experience.
• Working with support group personnel, (Maintenance, Safety, Engineering, Production Planning, Quality, etc.)
• Experience with building ownership and responsibilities
• History of effective liaison work with Engineering and Operations Sr. Leadership
• Successful leadership of work teams to achieve company and department objectives.
• Capital Budget process management, and understanding of Program timing and delegation processes
• Knowledge of Supply Chain systems with regards to overall capacity as related to performance of a Value Stream
• Data analytics experience preferably with Power BI
• Test Area experience including familiarity with facilities, capabilities, and capacity is a plus
Skills & Qualifications:
• A demonstrated commitment to Safety, and safety improvements.
• An understanding of and practical experience implementing lean manufacturing and (PES) principles.
• Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action implementation.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Time management, organizational and planning skills.
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
• Comprehend and interpret high level Program Schedules and factory schedules
• BS/BA degree in Business or Technical field and 6 years related experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production