Northrop Grumman Princ Process Engineer (VSET) in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an experienced Engineer Energetics Manufacturing to work as a Value Stream Element Team (VSET) lead for the Composite Case Insulation BOLE program for the Promontory Value Stream at our Promontory UT campus. The BOLE (Booster Obsolescence Life Extension) program involves the development and production of a new composite case booster that will replace the current steel case booster for the NASA Aretemis Launch System.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Promontory Value Stream Director, leads a specific area or product family within a value stream. Is responsible for delivering a product family through overall ownership and accountability of that product's value stream including: acceptance of requirements, material acceptance, product and process design, planning generation, product manufacture, inspection, acceptance and delivery to the downstream customer to meet cost and schedule requirements.
Works closely with the functional organizations (e.g. design, S&MA, process engineering, supply chain and operations) to effectively and efficiently staff the team as required. Manages and ensures effective concurrent engineering through the oversight and integration of all engineering and processing disciplines. Requests, acquires and manages resources within a matrix organization as necessary to accomplish the goals of the value stream. Closely interfaces with program managers to insure we meet their needs and the needs of our customers.
The VSET leader is responsible for total team performance and works closely with the program office and plant functional organizations to accomplish program and company goals.
The VSET leader's primary focus is the design and safe manufacture of a defect free, highest value product that satisfies every customer requirement by focusing on and effectively integrating all elements and disciplines of the associated value stream.
• All design, reliability, safety, performance, cost and schedule requirements.
• The safety of personnel, facilities and product through the development and manufacturing lifecycle.
• Control of produced and procured designs, processes, suppliers, materials, facilities, inspection plans, tooling, etc.
• Managing financial performance of the value stream and its functional organizations. This includes tracking, reviewing and approval of PCR's as needed for submittal to the authorizing Control Account Manager.
• Initiate and lead value enhancement and waste elimination efforts for all aspects of the component value stream utilizing lean principles for continuous improvement
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline (advanced degree in engineering and/or business management a plus) required with 5 years of experience, or MS with 3 years of experience.
This position may be filled at a higher level requiring the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline (advanced degree in engineering and/or business management a plus) required with 9 years of experience, or 7 years of experience with an MS.
• Solid Rocket composite case or insulation process, quality, or design engineering background or experience.
• Familiarity with the Primavera scheduling tool to access schedule, schedule logic and budget information
• Understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Successful daily management of a cross functional team to meet program cost, schedule, quality, and hardware performance requirements.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering