Northrop Grumman Power Plant (Boiler) Operator 3 in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking a Power Plant Boiler Operator to work at our Promontory facilities .
• Responsible to monitor and operate day-to-day activities of several high-pressure steam boilers, hot water boilers, water pump stations, water towers, water storage tanks, plant water systems, plant compressed air systems, and building process / environmental monitoring.
• Performs daily log book / check sheet entries, water/chemical samples of boilers, equipment status checks.
• Perform minor maintenance repairs including preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Performs Housekeeping and 5S at all facilities maintained and monitored by power house personnel, including restrooms, vehicles, and surrounding areas.
• High School diploma and 4 years of boiler operator work experience, or comparable equipment maintenance repair experience.
• Must be a self-starter, with basic math and reading skills and good verbal and written communication.
• Physically able to work in industrial environment, which includes climbing ladders and stairs, opening and closing valves, lifting-up to 50 lbs., able to tolerate hot and cold environments to include working outside.
• Must be able to perform shift work, including weekends and holidays (support 24-7 operation), and work overtime as required.
• Knowledge and experience with high pressure steam systems, compressed air systems, water pumps and basic mechanical knowledge.
• Minimum of 12 months direct experience performing maintenance responsibilities including annual boiler tear downs and associated preventative maintenance tasks.
• Minimum of 12 months direct experience performing minor maintenance tasks such as minor leak repairs, sight glass replacements, filter replacements, auto condensate drain repairs/replacement and adding oil to air compressors.
• Ability to assisting other crafts with maintenance repairs.
• Knowledge of industrial machines, mechanical / electronic devices, and basic computer skills.
• Strongly prefer post-high school education in a maintenance craft.
Competencies for Success:
• Safety First attitude and personal work behavior.
• Actively engages in continuous improvement efforts of Maintenance activities and duties.
• Demonstrates initiative and ambition to become proficient in all job duties.
• Able to work to performance standards with little or no supervision.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Facilities/Real Estate