Northrop Grumman Intern, Operations Management in Brigham City, Utah
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Intern, Operations Management to join the Space Systems Intern Program. This position is located in Promontory, Utah.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Propulsion Systems.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of technical specializations that may include:
Roles and Responsibilities
• Review & manage labor and materials budgets for both direct programs and manufacturing support activities. Some of the budget management activities will include variance analyses, and diagnosis of process issues based on EVMS metrics.
• Implement process improvement projects using various industrial engineering, Toyota Production System (TPS), and Performance Enterprise System (PES) methodologies. Some of these methods may include error proofing, standard work combination tables, single piece flow, 5S, process flow improvements, process standardization and standard work, and identification and elimination of safety risks.
• Preparation of materials for Process Owner Reviews, Table Top Reviews, and Operational Readiness Inspections and Reviews.
• Job shadowing PVSO Operations leadership members.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2021.
• Be majoring in Production Management, Industrial Engineering, or related degree
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2021
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Experience working in a manufacturing process or other production process including agricultural, food service, machine job shop, welding shop, or construction
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70 out of 4.0 or higher
• Experience in manufacturing high precision or aerospace grade end items
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorthropGrummanCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/northrop-grumman-corporation/
FOLLOW @NGCareers on Twitter https://twitter.com/NGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia https://www.youtube.com/channel
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Job Category : Administrative Services