Northrop Grumman Engineering Technician 1 in Brigham City, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an Associate Engineering Technician to support to our Test and Research Operations team at our Promontory, Utah location.
Successful candidate will work with experienced technicians who operate test equipment including Instrons, pressure chambers, ovens, energetic safety testing equipment, and various other equipment. Testing will include analysis of production and subscale propellants and ingredients. Candidate will be expected to maintain a high standard of operational discipline to support clean, safe, and efficient operations.
• Fabricate both inert and energetic samples in accordance with specific detailed instruction
• Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures
• Perform processes under the direction of a principle technician following written instruction to exact specifications
• Maintain neat and accurate records
• Preferred associate degree in a technical field. Strong technical background in mechanics, electronics, or industrial machinery is a plus.
• Ability to receive and follow specific instructions from policies, procedures, planning and supervision.
• Good communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate technical information with clarity.
• Ability to read, interpret and implement technical drawings, specifications, and procedures.
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications.
• Ability to work a physically demanding day (stand for long periods; work from your knees; ascend and descend ladders; lift, bend, twist push and pull up to 50 lbs.) while wearing protective equipment (respirator, coveralls, gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.)
• Must be willing to perform shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
• Must possess a valid state driver's license
• Preferred experience working with mechanical property testing equipment including Instron and MTS systems
• Able to obtain an Employee Possessor designation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support