Northrop Grumman Associate Materials and Processing Design Engineer in Brigham City, Utah
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Materials and Process Design Engineer. This position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Promontory, Bacchus, or Magna, Utah.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Propulsion Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Grow to become a technical expert in the behavior and production of materials used in solid rocket motor production
• Lead investigation teams in troubleshooting and material characterization, including defining and managing material requirements
• Support production processes through the entire lifecycle of the material
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• Be pursuing or have pursued a STEM degree
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0 or higher
• A Bachelor's degree in Material Science or Chemical Engineering
• Have obtained a Master's degree with an emphasis in materials
• Work experience in the following areas:
• Support of material production or testing
• Research on a material or material characterization (preference on composites, adhesives, or propellant)
• General support of a production line
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorthropGrummanCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/northrop-grumman-corporation/
FOLLOW @NGCareers on Twitter https://twitter.com/NGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia https://www.youtube.com/channel
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Job Category : Engineering