Northrop Grumman Tracking Algorithm Engineer 2 in Boulder, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Algorithms, Performance, and Analysis team at Missle Defense Solutions (MDS) BU is looking for you to join our team as a Tracking Algorithm Engineer 2 based out of our Boulder, CO faclities .
The engineer will be responsible for researching and identifying complex, multi-disciplinary problems, breaking into components, and designing and implementing algorithm solutions for a broad range of sensor exploitation activities. Sensor output shall be used for identification, characterization, interpretation, and change detection of objects and events. The engineer will also be expected to report status to colleagues, including customers and management.
The engineer must have a working knowledge of sensors, with respect to focal plane resolution, sensitivity, and line of sight considerations for the purpose of tracking. Existing general knowledge of visible or IR focal planes and other sensor systems engineering experience is desirable. Development is in C/C++ in an agile development framework, using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) across multiple operating systems.
The engineer will participate in technical peer reviews and work with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as be cognizant of algorithm development and integration issues. The engineer must communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
This position includes:
• Tool and software development using C/C++ in an agile development framework
• Experience with configuration management software, including Git and Jira
• Generation of applicable documentation
• Providing problem resolution and improvement recommendations with strong time management skills
• Travel to NG and Government locations within U.S.
• Additional responsibilities which may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs
• Level 2 Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline and 2 years of related experience; 0 years of related experience with a Masters; 0 years of related experience with a PhD
• Experience with C/C++ software language, development tools, and integrated development environments (IDEs)
• SW algorithm development experience for complex, mathematically intensive systems
• DoD Secret clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to travel on occasion to Northrop Grumman and customer locations
• Basic skills in Matlab or Python and system modeling
• Experience in tracking and prediction algorithms, simulation, validation, and algorithms
• Ground systems experience in mission processing, ground communications, and space operations
• Experience in the numerical implementation of motion filters.
• Familiarity with Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors and simulations
• Experience with APL2, PERL, STK, or logging and parsing tools
• Linux experience
• Strong statistical background and skills
• Experience with model-based engineering
• DoD TS/SCI clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
Salary Minimum for Colorado location: $81,664
Salary Maximum for Colorado location: $122,496
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering