Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Quality Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you "Defining Possible" from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space Systems is seeking a Software Quality Engineer to join our team. This role is located in Boulder, CO and will support the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production, and deployment of hardware and system modifications.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Sr. Principal Quality Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Boulder, CO .
As an Engineer Software Quality you will develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
What does success look like?
As a successful employee, you will:
• Be an active and integral member of the Mission Assurance and Quality Assurance team
• Channel your enthusiasm to innovate
• Be part of a supportive team that develops and deploys technologies that matter to our national security
• Work with agility, flexibility, and collaboration to explore creative ideas
• The selectee will have excellent oral and written communication skills and will be adept at providing customer interface and maintaining customer satisfaction and intimacy.
This position will have a standard work schedule of 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• You will participate in quality activities for Software and Hardware. You will conduct software inspection, testing, verification, and validation as well as implement software development and maintain processes and methods.
• You will conduct internal audits and will have You will ensure measures meet acceptable reliability standards, help to develop overall operating criteria ensuring successful implementation of the software quality according to the project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
• Other responsibilities include ensuring project and process control documentation are compliant, reviewing software design, and changing specifications.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• 9 years with a High Shcool Diploma; 5 years experience with a Bachelors Degree, 3 years experience with a Masters
• Knowledge and/or exposure to software development and systems engineering practices
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Project and process control documentation reviews for compliance
• Experience with reviewing software design, and changing specifications.
• Position requires a current Top Secret Clearance with ability to get a SCI
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Ability to evaluate software work products, including code
• Experience supporting an agile and/or DevOps software development environment
• Experience with AS9100, ISO 9001, and or T9001B
• Current or ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Salary Minimum for Colorado location: $114,048
Salary Maximum for Colorado location: $171,072
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
Job Category : Engineering