Northrop Grumman Software Engineering Manager I in Boulder, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems seeks a talented professional to join the Missile Defense Solutions E&S team in Boulder, Colorado as a Software Functional Manager Level 1 managing a team of Software engineers and/or Algorithm Engineers
What You'll get to Do:
This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance within a program.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance.
He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading Software Engineering teams .
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years related experience in Software or a related field
If candidate of choice does not have a degree, we will look at 11 years experience in the field.
· Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle
· Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· High proficiency of technical problem solving.
· This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret clearance to start
· Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
· Direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership
· More than 5 years of development experience in C/C+ · Unix/Linux operating system expertise (AIX, RHEL).
· Digital signal processing experience.
· Scripting experience.
· Agile development experience.
· Configuration management (e.g. Git).
· Project scheduling and budget experience (e.g. CAM).
Job Category : Engineering