Northrop Grumman Principal Systems Engineer/Sr Principal Systems Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman, our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
The Advanced Programs Team looks for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer level 3 or 4 based out of Boulder, CO . You will be responsible for working across multiple engineering disciplines, leading research efforts, performing analysis, authoring reports and presentations and support new business growth opportunities. This position is research and development centric, but will also support and augment existing program requirements.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Write and contribute to technical white papers, request for information (RFI) responses and request for proposal (RFP) responses.
Perform high level analysis across different datasets and author reports
Work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to get feedback and support as needed
Augment engineering team to assist with data processing, analysis and other ad hoc tasking
This position can be filled as a Principal (level 3) or Sr. Principal (level 4).
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with OPIR, RF and IC datasets
• Experience writing technical white papers, performing research and presenting to stakeholders
• Self-driven individual with inquisitive personality that enjoys researching and learning about new subjects
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Level 3 - 5 years of related experience; 3 years of related experience with a Masters
• Level 4 - 9 years of related experience; 7 years of related experience with a Masters
• DoD Top Secret clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
• (In addition to the Basic Qualifications)
• Models Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience - Cameo
• Experience with advanced data visualization
• Project engineering experience
• Control Account Manager (CAM) and Earned Value (EV) experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline
• Experience with C++, Python, MATLAB, Java, or system modeling
• DoD TS/SCI clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
• Experience with DevOps and/or Agile Development
• Ability to travel on occasion (10% max) to Northrop Grumman and customer locations
Level 3 : Salary Minimum: $101,200 - Salary Maximum: $151,8000
Level 4: Salary Minimum: $125,488 - Salary Maximum: $188,232
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering