Northrop Grumman Manager Systems Engineering 2 in Boulder, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems seeks a talented professional to join the Missile Defense Solutions E&S team in Boulder, Colorado as a Systems E ngineering Functional Manager Level 2 managing a team of Systems Engineers and/or Algorithm Engineers
What You'll get to Do:
This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance within a program.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance.
He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading Engineering teams.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10 years experience in Systems, Software or a related field
• Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle
• Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• High proficiency of technical problem solving
• Familiarity with Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors and simulations
• Familiarity with the Ballistic Missile Defense System
• This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret clearance to start
• Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
• Direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership
• Working knowledge of OPIR sensors, with respect to focal plane resolution, sensitivity, and line of sight considerations for the purpose of tracking
• Unix/Linux operating system expertise (RHEL)
• Agile development experience
• Project scheduling and budget experience (e.g. CAM)
Salary Minimum for Colorado location: $140,536
Salary Maximum for Colorado location: $210,804
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering