At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
An organization within Northrop Grumman's Payload and Ground Systems (PGS) division, Mission Enabling Products is a leading designer, producer, and supplier of spacecraft components that power and enable satellites of all classes. Products include spacecraft panels, bus structures, precision optical structures, deployable structural systems and mechanisms, solar arrays, and antenna reflectors. Our products are on virtually every U.S. satellite built in the last 20 years.
This position is in Beltsville, MD.
•Accountable for meeting or exceeding the Safety, Quality, Employee, Delivery and Cost expectations for internal and external customers and within the Quality function.
• Lead and manage team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors
•Collaborate and coordinate with other functional managers, process center leaders, value stream leaders and value stream owner(s) to meet business and program objectives.
• Accountable for maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) and AS/ISO/NADCAP certifications across the Operating Unit
• Serves in the role of Management Representative as required per AS9100 and coordinates 3rd party audits, including ensuring resources are prepared and available to support.
• Provides leadership, as the chair, for the Procurement Quality Board (PQB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB) and facilitates the Material Review Board (MRB) process in collaboration with engineering.
• Leads root cause and corrective action process (RCCA) and analysis on failure investigations for high impact issues and lead personnel in use of RCCA for low impact level issues.
• Responsible to determine and manage technical quality document preparation, including quality plans, inspection plans, end item data packages (EIDP) in accordance with customer requirements and statements of work.
• Manage the review and approval of quality requirements for manufacturing planning, purchase orders (PO's), and engineering drawings / specifications to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Support customer proposals by providing technical, budget and scope information as it pertains to the proposal process.
• Maintain the process for tool, equipment, and machinery calibration controls.
• 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Strong knowledge and experience with Quality Management Systems (AS9100, ISO 9001, NADCAP and government standards) and Certifications
• Lean/Six Sigma experience, s conducting or managing internal audits
• Knowledge of mechanical and non-destructive inspection techniques
• Knowledge of engineering GD&T principles
• Strong passion and relentless drive for achieving results in a fast-paced aerospace engineering and manufacturing environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Preferred candidates would also have knowledge of integrated thermal systems technology and advanced manufacturing processes.
• Experience with Supplier Quality and Performance Management
• Personnel management experience.
•Planning and budgeting experience.
Salary Range: $122,000 - $183,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.