Northrop Grumman Automation Engineer in Bellevue, Nebraska
Requisition ID: 18004789
Location(s): United States-Nebraska-Bellevue
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Automation Engineer to help support a program located at Offutt AFB, Bellevue, NE.
The candidate willdesign, build, andtesteffectiveautomationsolutions across multiple platforms and projects.The candidate will work closely with test and software engineering teams to apply sound principles to identify software deficiencies in a timely manner to ease technical debt in an Agile framework.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
·Design, program, simulate and test processes in order to complete exact tasks.
·Assist in the performance of test assignments involving the definition of test and verification requirements and will operate under general supervision -- guidance received will relate primarily to general objectives and details of unusual situations and/or requirements.
·Provide automation of tests to support multiple teams at the unit, service and integration levels.
The candidate must have a background in software and test engineering and be able to work closely with the software and test development team to understand, define and write test automation using Agile processes. This position requires a team-oriented disposition, working knowledge of Agile software development concepts, ability to work multiple tasks concurrently, and strong documentation and communication skills.
• Bachelors Degree in STEM field and 5 years of experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience testing software solutions
• Minimum 1 year experience writing and executing automated scripts
• Experience working within Agile development teams
• Working knowledge of automated testing and test script development
• Understanding of requirements/acceptance criteria as they pertain to test requirement analysis
• Understanding of automated test preparation and procedure execution
• Understanding of program and software development life cycle models
• US citizenship required. Eligibility for a DoD Top-Secret security clearance
Experience working within Agile teams using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) concepts
• Experience in performing system test planning and implementation for medium to large-scale systems using state-of-the-art technology in an agile development environment
• Experience with Air Force Weather infrastructure/technology solutions
• Working knowledge of automation tools (e.g. Cucumber, Selenium, Spec Flow, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence and Fisheye_Crucible)
• Active Top-Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Automation Engineer
Requisition ID: 18004789