Northrop Grumman Production Electronics Test Technician 3 in Beavercreek, Ohio
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is seeking a production electronics technician to join our Beavercreek, and Kettering, Ohio locations. We are a world-class manufacturer of composite structures, radomes, and antenna systems for military applications. You will support radio frequency and electronic testing with duties as assigned in our Beavercreek and Kettering locations in support of plant wide operations. Work in this position includes test and evaluation of manufactured products and in process testing using state of the art electronic test equipment, anechoic chamber test facilities, and in the less cooperative factory environment as well. The job includes minimal travel and may include assignments on first, second, off shift, and/or weekend work.
Responsibilities include the following:
· RF circuit testing, tuning, and assembly
· Radar cross section measurements using the linear FM homodyne radar test set in an uncooperative environment
· Transmission and reflection arch measurements using a vector network analyzer
· Soldering and assembly
· Electronic and supporting mechanical system repair, calibration, and maintenance
· In process measurements in support of low rate manufacturing operations
· Radar cross section measurements within the compact range including execution of predetermined test matrices and directed R&D efforts
· Antenna pattern and gain measurements within the Anechoic Chamber
· Antenna and RF network VSWR measurements
The ideal candidate is comfortable working independently and in a team environment alike. You have a strong aptitude and desire to learn the practical application of the RF test environment and the theory behind the work you do. You identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence.
Travel for this position is minimal, less than 10% and typically is comprised of conference attendance to increase knowledge.
· US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
· High School Diploma and 4+ years of additional relevant work experience or education
· 2+ years of work experience as an electronics technician or equivalent electrical work
· Experience in operation of various electronic test instruments
· Ability to read, write, and interpret instructions in English
· Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and different shifts based on demanding manufacturing schedules
· Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis
· Ability to climb a 20' ladder on a continuous basis
· Experience in RCS testing
· Test bench experience assembling electronic circuits and or antenna systems
· J-STD certification
· Familiarity with S Parameters
· Experience in use of vector network analyzer
· Experience in working in Special Access Areas
Experience in Special Access Computer Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance