Northrop Grumman Engineer Hardware 2 / 3 - Verilog or VHDL - C &/or C & Scripting in Beavercreek, Ohio
Engineer Hardware 2 / 3 - Verilog or VHDL - C &/or C & Scripting
Requisition ID: 18009148
Location(s): United States-Ohio-Beavercreek
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Hardware Engineer to perform leading-edge research, development, and integration of real-time Software Define Radio (SDR) and Wireless Protocols to solve the most
complex communication and radio navigation (GPS) receiver technical challenges. The Engineer will be part of the development team operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment located in Dayton, OH.
The qualified applicant will be involved in the full life cycle of GPS Signal Processing Algorithms integration, including Design, Development, Implementation, and Testing.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and document requirements and design
- Code and Unit Test software
- Integrate software radio techniques onto hardware platform
- Develop Integration and Test procedures
- Configuration control in LINUX and VxWorks environments
- Support for preparation and presentation of formal technical reviews
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing GPS and waveform algorithms in embedded signal processors / FPGA’s including simulation, coding,
optimization and testing system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation
- Systems and subsystems design architecture, integration and verification testing
- Leading or supporting technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions
- Resolution of technical problems that cross functional domain areas of hardware/software
- Development of systems related documentation.
The Hardware Engineer will apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system
development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products. He/she will be expected
to interface with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical support personnel.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
BQs for a Hardware Engineer 2 are Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related engineering/technical degree plus 2 years of relevant experience; or a Master's Degree in a STEM field.
BQs for a Hardware Engineer 3 are Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related engineering/technical degree plus 5 years of relevant experience; or a Master's Degree in a STEM field plus 3 years of relevant experience; or a PhD in a STEM field plus 0 years of experience.
- Experience with RTL code development using Verilog or VHDL
- Programming language experience to include: C and/or C and scripting
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
Design experience of software defined tactical radios and/or Communication/Navigation design experience.
- Design experience with Signal Processing, DSP design, and algorithmic code development and the integration of SDR functions to digital hardware, preferably Xilinx System-on-a-Chip FPGAs.
- Experience with Matlab, System Generator or similar DSP design and simulation tools.
- Develop in LINUX and VxWorks environments
- Knowledge of digital communications theory, including detection, estimation, and demodulation.
- Knowledge of GPS receiver design
- Experience conducting end-to-end RF system analysis including link budget development, channel modeling, and RF block diagram development.
- Software modeling and simulation, MATLAB skills
- Experience with real-time signal processing algorithms on Linux-based SDR platforms.
- Experience with firmware/VHDL design including Xilinx environments.
- Embedded software development and test experience.
- Experience with DoD engineering processes, including systems and software component requirements derivation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Hardware 2 / 3 - Verilog or VHDL - C &/or C & Scripting
Requisition ID: 18009148