Northrop Grumman Sr Prncpl Suply Chn Plng Spec in Baltimore, Maryland
Our team is looking for a qualified applicant to lead material planning efforts to support the Scalable Agile Beam Radar (SABR) program area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Define and develops material strategy for the Program. Assume lead responsibility for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products. Participate in make/buy decisions, long term capacity and resource planning; product line development, manufacturing ramp up, and prototype development. Participate in key proposal strategy and execution
Analyze and aggregates supply / demand requirements. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools. Plan inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements. Assess rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements.
Create/reduce supply requirements based on inventory adjustments.
Participate in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs. Interface with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Create/release Program requirements (material and subcontract). Receive/review requirements for non-standard parts. Analyze lead times and identifies critical path procurements. Develop key suppliers and sources for entry into key Program and Industry technology areas.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• A Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience in supply chain or business management or 8+ years of supply chain or business management with a Masters..
• Experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and MS Office applications including Excel,
• Experience in Global Supply Chain, specifically supplier management
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain government secret security clearance
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
The candidate should have experience in project management.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of global supply chain/operations/logistics MRP/ERP/tools.
• Masters' degree in Supply Chain, Business or Operations
• Experience with Earned Value Management Systems, supplier financial reporting/forecasting and supplier/program/
• Working knowledge of Federal and Defense contracting requirements including ITAR, DOS licenses, FAR and DFARS.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience managing/developing suppliers in a high tech industry.
• Demonstrated experience working on complex systems for Department of Defense
• Possess the ability to, independently, develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
• Perform complex tasks in an efficient manner, with minimal oversight
• Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain