Northrop Grumman Solid State Technician C in Baltimore, Maryland
ANUAt the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is seeking Solid State Technician's to join its team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting a variety of areas within its semiconductor foundry. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD.
Perform a variety of technical, chemical, photographic, mask making duties with the development, processing ad control of semi-conductor material and devices.
1) Construct and process semi-conductor materials and devices under the guidance of higher classified personnel which includes the set-up and operation of a variety of standard and special solid state processing equipment. This includes performing various chemical, physical, photographic, packaging processes such as deposition, evaporations and etching of materials, making adjustment based upon the knowledge of process and monitoring equipment when required. Examine processes such as bonding leads, epitaxial growth, diffusion and metallization to determine quality of process to locate defects. Determine and discuss with engineer possible improvement in process or equipment to remedy defects.
2) Construct and wire prototype semi-conductor devices into electronic circuits working from schematics and wiring diagrams in order to functionally test the device. Perform measurements of circuitry, select and connect proper instrumentation such as bridges, curve tracers and pulse generators and the like to obtain desired results. Some interpretation of test data may be required in terms of its validity and reliability.
3) Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions using algebraic, trigonometric formulae. Prepare reports or parts of reports following established patterns, covering work assignments such as preparing masks, operating photographic equipment and development of photographic requirements.
4) Make minor repairs and adjustments to operating instruments and laboratory equipment as required. This includes the cleaning of quartz ware, maintaining equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
5) Modify tools and fixtures as necessary for construction and assembly of semi-conductor devices and to improve process operations and utilization of equipment.
6) Maintain inventory of necessary materials and supply and prepare requisitions for supervisory approval.
This is a SEA Union Represented Position.
This is a 2nd shift position.
High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
Must possess an Associate Degree (minimum of 60 semester hours) or two years (minimum 60 semester hours) of college level study with a major in a physical science or equivalent. Preferred Qualifications: NoneNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support