Northrop Grumman Principal/Sr Principal Systems Engineer in Baltimore, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is Impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will work closely with our Colorado Springs team, but will be located in Baltimore, MD.
Job Duties Include:
Work as part of the Mission Systems Operating Unit.
Support the AMERICA Independent Research and Development project.
Develop software and modeling and simulation products for radars.
Serve as an interface between the Colorado Springs and Baltimore teams.
Maintain communication and awareness of work being done on both teams and ensure both teams are on track and collaborating.
Salary Minimum for Colorado location: $92,000
Salary Maximum for Colorado location: $138,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Basic Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience in systems engineering
• Domain knowledge in ground based radar technologies
• Skills and experience across the Systems Engineering lifecycle in Hardware and Software
• Understand RADAR modeling principles, Kalman Filters, Optimization Algorithms, Search, Tracking and Discrimination.
• Proficiency in C/C++, Matlab, Python, Modeling and simulation suites
• DoD Secret security clearance and the ability to maintain it.
• Experience investigating and developing algorithms to advance key sensor capabilities leveraging signal processing techniques and novel waveform development.
• Experience developing detailed simulations of algorithms and systems to enable representation of radar solutions.
• Experience using and developing plugins for AFSIM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering