Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in Baltimore, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Manager, Programs 2 to support the Air Dominance and Strike business unit. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a matrixed-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout) or re-compete. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Develop new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning and proposal development
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc...)
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
• Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Ensure program team understands & adheres to the contract scope.
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Thorough risk & opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization
• Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
• Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
• Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
• Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed
As Northrop Grumman grows, so does our need for high-performing managers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please feel free to view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years, or Master's and 8 years' experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
• Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
• Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Current (within 6 years Secret clearance)
• Ability to obtain Special Access Program clearance
• The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support organizational objectives.
• The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
• The ability to plan and execute a project quality management system to satisfy quality requirements and create a project value system which emphasizes prevention over inspection and continuous process improvement.
• The ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle.
• The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
• The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the work required and only the work required is performed.
• Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management