Northrop Grumman Mgr Operations & Staffing 3 in Baltimore, Maryland
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Payload and Ground Systems Division within the Space Systems Sector seeks a dynamic Operations / Staffing Manager to lead and provide support to division staff, business units, operating units, and program managers to enable high performing program execution. The position reports directly to the Division Director of Operations and is located in Baltimore, MD.
In this role, the candidate understands the Division objectives, ensures all activities are aligned with these objectives, interpreting and developing organizational strategies, policies and practices as needed to meet the division's financial, non-financial and growth goals. The selected candidate will:
• Collaborate with the Program Managers to ensure effective planning and staffing of programs.
• Collaborate with multiple functional organizations (engineering, security, mission assurance, supply chain management, business development, strategy, etc) to define strategies that enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identify Division focus areas for improvement/streamlining, development and execution of operational and staffing initiatives, monitoring of operational goals and sector-specific objectives, and elimination of non-value-added activities at all levels in the organization.
• Facilitate the development of a Division-level staffing and hiring plan and associated metrics.
The candidate will assist the Division Director of Operations in multiple activities, and requires an understanding of the restricted customer community, program management skills, proven strategic planning and business execution capabilities, as well as the ability to work collaboratively across the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate all Division staffing and planning efforts between Talent Acquisition, Agile Hiring Team, and Hiring Managers.
• Present staffing status monthly to Division VPGM and Business Unit VPs.
• Establish & maintain Division staffing rhythm. Improve operational effectiveness, processes and policies in support of the Division mission.
• Work in close partnership with all functional areas to achieve Division staffing goals.
• Develop Division Staffing metrics and create automated data analytics to support strategic staffing decisions.
• Embrace Operational Efficiency by designing and implementing automation and visualization practices replacing heritage time consuming manual processes. Further, the ability to integrate and correlate disparate data sets into a cohesive data fusion approach. Specifically, developing repeatable automation algorithms to replace manual processes and developing data synchronized Tableau dashboards to replace heritage briefing format (stagnant PowerPoint).
• Create customizable Dashboards to inform various internal customers (Talent Acquisition, Agile Hiring Team, and Hiring Managers and Division VPGM and Business Unit VPs) with consistent data tailored for each audience.
• Create and maintain a Tableau Server site organized to keep Division Leaders on all aspects of Data Fusion and Analysis
• Coordinate Engineering Capital and NCTA submissions.
This management role will require you to complete an assessment as part of the application process. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years progressive technical experience in an engineering environment.
• Demonstrated self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to function independently, meet deadlines and achieve commitments
• Management experience in programs, engineering, operations or related technical fields
• Effective communication skills
• Understanding of technical, cost, schedule impacts on a program
• Understanding of data analytics
• Current Secret Clearance or higher with the ability to get SCI clearance
• To be successful in this role, the candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, be highly collaborative, team oriented, have strong people leadership skills, and be able to effectively multi-task competing priorities and schedules across the Division.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to quickly respond to a variety of demands are essential.
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, diverse environment and can adapt to change
• Strong NG understanding and proven experience effectively working within and through NG (and/or a similar) corporate culture
• 5 years of experience in program management or operations management
• Demonstrated ability to understand detailed staffing and hiring data; strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively resolve shortfalls.
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations implementing best practices
• Open to direction and collaborative work style commitment to get the job completed
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Delegates responsibilities effectively
• Experience with SAP
• Current TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, SQL
• Experience with aggregating different datasets into a coherent dashboard in order to identify actionable ways to improve operational efficiency.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management